genivi-ipc@lists.genivi.org

Development list for inter process communication (IPC) related topics

View all threads

Not able to use Common API Dbus Example (UDisk2 & Bluez)

NS
NikhilKumar Sinha
Fri, May 12, 2017 11:27 AM

Hello,

I need your help for Common API Dbus tools example available at below link :
https://github.com/Pelagicore/common-api-dbus-tools

I am trying to explore more on Common API Dbus and while executing UDisk2
example or BlueZ example I am getting segmentation fault.

Example are availabe at below link:
https://github.com/GENIVI/capicxx-dbus-tools

I am trying in following environment :
common-api-dbus-runtime : Version 3.1.5
common-api-runtime: Version 3.1.5
dbus-1.8.20
Commonapi_generator : Version 3.1.5
Commonapi_dbus_generator : Version 3.1.5

I am getting Segmentation fault from UDisk and BlueZ example as
buildProxy() is returning NULL Pointer.

Could you please help me to get this issue resolved or kindly let me know
to whom I need to contact to get the help for the same.

Thanks,
Nikhil

Hello, I need your help for Common API Dbus tools example available at below link : https://github.com/Pelagicore/common-api-dbus-tools I am trying to explore more on Common API Dbus and while executing UDisk2 example or BlueZ example I am getting segmentation fault. Example are availabe at below link: https://github.com/GENIVI/capicxx-dbus-tools I am trying in following environment : common-api-dbus-runtime : Version 3.1.5 common-api-runtime: Version 3.1.5 dbus-1.8.20 Commonapi_generator : Version 3.1.5 Commonapi_dbus_generator : Version 3.1.5 I am getting Segmentation fault from UDisk and BlueZ example as buildProxy() is returning NULL Pointer. Could you please help me to get this issue resolved or kindly let me know to whom I need to contact to get the help for the same. Thanks, Nikhil
shyun@ivisolution.com
Mon, May 15, 2017 7:08 AM

Hello NikhilKumar,

Probably the gluecode library is not loaded so, the proxy is returned as null.
(Gluecode is the proxy and stub code generated automatically using the generator tool.)

There are two ways to use CommonAPI. One is to build gluecode with binary, and the other is to make gluecode as a shared object. If you check the example CMakeFile, you will see that gluecode is made to be a shared object.

It is a good idea to set the location of gluecode libaray using LD_LIBRARY_PATH or COMMONAPI_DEFAULT_FOLDER environment variable and check again.

Best Regards,
Seung-Hyun(Sam) Yun.

[...]

genivi-ipc mailing list
genivi-ipc@lists.genivi.org

Hello NikhilKumar, Probably the gluecode library is not loaded so, the proxy is returned as null. (Gluecode is the proxy and stub code generated automatically using the generator tool.) There are two ways to use CommonAPI. One is to build gluecode with binary, and the other is to make gluecode as a shared object. If you check the example CMakeFile, you will see that gluecode is made to be a shared object. It is a good idea to set the location of gluecode libaray using LD_LIBRARY_PATH or COMMONAPI_DEFAULT_FOLDER environment variable and check again. Best Regards, Seung-Hyun(Sam) Yun. -----Original Message----- From: genivi-ipc [mailto:genivi-ipc-bounces@lists.genivi.org] On Behalf Of NikhilKumar Sinha Sent: Friday, May 12, 2017 8:27 PM To: genivi-ipc@lists.genivi.org Subject: [Genivi-ipc] Not able to use Common API Dbus Example (UDisk2 & Bluez) Hello, I need your help for Common API Dbus tools example available at below link : https://github.com/Pelagicore/common-api-dbus-tools I am trying to explore more on Common API Dbus and while executing UDisk2 example or BlueZ example I am getting segmentation fault. Example are availabe at below link: https://github.com/GENIVI/capicxx-dbus-tools I am trying in following environment : common-api-dbus-runtime : Version 3.1.5 common-api-runtime: Version 3.1.5 dbus-1.8.20 Commonapi_generator : Version 3.1.5 Commonapi_dbus_generator : Version 3.1.5 I am getting Segmentation fault from UDisk and BlueZ example as buildProxy() is returning NULL Pointer. Could you please help me to get this issue resolved or kindly let me know to whom I need to contact to get the help for the same. Thanks, Nikhil _______________________________________________ genivi-ipc mailing list genivi-ipc@lists.genivi.org http://lists.genivi.org/mailman/listinfo/genivi-ipc