genivi-diagnostic-log-and-trace@lists.genivi.org

Diagnostic Log and Trace (DLT) Discussion List

View all threads

Where is the offline DLT file-format specification?

CV
Chinmay V S
Tue, Aug 20, 2019 5:06 PM

Hi All,

i recently came across the DLT-Viewer tool that helps parse DLT trace files.
https://at.projects.genivi.org/wiki/display/PROJ/DLT+Viewer+GUI

Where can i find the spec (or a description) of

  • the structure of a DLT file
  • the structure of the individual records in a DLT file

I tried to guess this from
https://github.com/GENIVI/dlt-viewer/blob/master/parser/qdltparser.cpp
but did not get a very clear idea yet.

Is there a document that describes the DLT file format?

regards
CVS

PS: I apologize in advance if this has been asked/answered before.
But, i could not find it in the recent email-threads on this lists archives
http://lists.genivi.org/pipermail/genivi-diagnostic-log-and-trace_lists.genivi.org/

Hi All, i recently came across the DLT-Viewer tool that helps parse DLT trace files. https://at.projects.genivi.org/wiki/display/PROJ/DLT+Viewer+GUI Where can i find the spec (or a description) of - the structure of a DLT file - the structure of the individual records in a DLT file I tried to guess this from https://github.com/GENIVI/dlt-viewer/blob/master/parser/qdltparser.cpp but did not get a very clear idea yet. Is there a document that describes the DLT file format? regards CVS PS: I apologize in advance if this has been asked/answered before. But, i could not find it in the recent email-threads on this lists archives http://lists.genivi.org/pipermail/genivi-diagnostic-log-and-trace_lists.genivi.org/
SS
Sugiura, Saya (ADITJ/SWG)
Fri, Aug 23, 2019 10:36 AM

Hello Chinmay,

DLT follows AUTOSAR standard 4.0, so you refer to the protocol spec.
Also, there's a document in dlt-viewer which explains DLT message table.
Please refer to page 8 in https://github.com/GENIVI/dlt-viewer/blob/master/doc/dlt_viewer_user_manual.pdf.

Best regards,
Saya Sugiura

Advanced Driver Information Technology
Software Group
杉浦 さや(Saya Sugiura)
TEL: +81-(0)566-61-5124 / 551-43614(Extension)

Hello Chinmay, DLT follows AUTOSAR standard 4.0, so you refer to the protocol spec. Also, there's a document in dlt-viewer which explains DLT message table. Please refer to page 8 in https://github.com/GENIVI/dlt-viewer/blob/master/doc/dlt_viewer_user_manual.pdf. Best regards, Saya Sugiura ---------------------------------------- Advanced Driver Information Technology Software Group 杉浦 さや(Saya Sugiura) TEL: +81-(0)566-61-5124 / 551-43614(Extension) E-MAIL: ssugiura@jp.adit-jv.com -----Original Message----- From: genivi-diagnostic-log-and-trace <genivi-diagnostic-log-and-trace-bounces@lists.genivi.org> On Behalf Of Chinmay V S Sent: 21 August 2019 02:08 To: genivi-diagnostic-log-and-trace@lists.genivi.org Subject: [genivi-dlt] Where is the offline DLT file-format specification? Hi All, i recently came across the DLT-Viewer tool that helps parse DLT trace files. https://at.projects.genivi.org/wiki/display/PROJ/DLT+Viewer+GUI Where can i find the spec (or a description) of - the structure of a DLT file - the structure of the individual records in a DLT file I tried to guess this from https://github.com/GENIVI/dlt-viewer/blob/master/parser/qdltparser.cpp but did not get a very clear idea yet. Is there a document that describes the DLT file format? regards CVS PS: I apologize in advance if this has been asked/answered before. But, i could not find it in the recent email-threads on this lists archives http://lists.genivi.org/pipermail/genivi-diagnostic-log-and-trace_lists.genivi.org/ _______________________________________________ genivi-diagnostic-log-and-trace mailing list genivi-diagnostic-log-and-trace@lists.genivi.org http://lists.genivi.org/mailman/listinfo/genivi-diagnostic-log-and-trace_lists.genivi.org