genivi-audio-manager@lists.genivi.org

development list for the AudioManager

View all threads

Source and Sink Registration to Audio Manager

NR
Nehal Revankar
Tue, Aug 14, 2018 11:47 AM

Hi,

I am trying to register an app to Audio Manager as a source. I have below queries and I need help whether my understanding is correct or no.

Understanding:
To register an app(like Media Manager) to Audio Manager:

  1. Media Manager should call registerSource() API during initialization.
    am_Error_e registerSource(const am_Source_s& sourceData, am_sourceID_t& sourceID) in PluginRoutingInterface

  2. When Media Manager is about to play music, connect() API is called so that the respective source and sink is connected for playback.
    void connect(DBusConnection *conn, DBusMessage *msg) in PluginCommandInterface

Problem Statement:

  1. When Media Manager is trying to call registerSource(), it is getting failed with an error as registration failed.
  2. After further debugging, we understood that a database is maintained for registered source and sink and registerSource() API is validating against the database and is failed to register.

Can you please help me correct my understanding and how to successfully register Media Manager as a source and PulseAudio(speaker) as a sink and play a music?

Thanks & Regards
Nehal Revankar
=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

Hi, I am trying to register an app to Audio Manager as a source. I have below queries and I need help whether my understanding is correct or no. Understanding: To register an app(like Media Manager) to Audio Manager: 1. Media Manager should call registerSource() API during initialization. am_Error_e registerSource(const am_Source_s& sourceData, am_sourceID_t& sourceID) in PluginRoutingInterface 2. When Media Manager is about to play music, connect() API is called so that the respective source and sink is connected for playback. void connect(DBusConnection *conn, DBusMessage *msg) in PluginCommandInterface Problem Statement: 1. When Media Manager is trying to call registerSource(), it is getting failed with an error as registration failed. 2. After further debugging, we understood that a database is maintained for registered source and sink and registerSource() API is validating against the database and is failed to register. Can you please help me correct my understanding and how to successfully register Media Manager as a source and PulseAudio(speaker) as a sink and play a music? Thanks & Regards Nehal Revankar =====-----=====-----===== Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments. Thank you
LJ
Lorenz, Jens (ADITG/ESA)
Wed, Aug 15, 2018 6:47 AM

Dear Nehal,

as you stated you try to register the source Media Manager but it is failed...

  1. What is the error message the Control Interface receives?
  2. Did you checked the log messages from Daemon database once you try to register the source?

I assume that you try to register a Source with a domain ID or a class ID
something else which might be not known by the database. At this point of time.

Best regards

Jens Lorenz
Engineering System & Architecture (ADITG/ESA)

Tel. +49 5121 49 6927
[...]

genivi-audio-manager mailing list
genivi-audio-manager@lists.genivi.org

Dear Nehal, as you stated you try to register the source Media Manager but it is failed... 1. What is the error message the Control Interface receives? 2. Did you checked the log messages from Daemon database once you try to register the source? I assume that you try to register a Source with a domain ID or a class ID something else which might be not known by the database. At this point of time. Best regards Jens Lorenz Engineering System & Architecture (ADITG/ESA) Tel. +49 5121 49 6927 -----Original Message----- From: genivi-audio-manager <genivi-audio-manager-bounces@lists.genivi.org> On Behalf Of Nehal Revankar Sent: Dienstag, 14. August 2018 13:48 To: genivi-audio-manager@lists.genivi.org Subject: [audio-manager] Source and Sink Registration to Audio Manager Hi, I am trying to register an app to Audio Manager as a source. I have below queries and I need help whether my understanding is correct or no. Understanding: To register an app(like Media Manager) to Audio Manager: 1. Media Manager should call registerSource() API during initialization. am_Error_e registerSource(const am_Source_s& sourceData, am_sourceID_t& sourceID) in PluginRoutingInterface 2. When Media Manager is about to play music, connect() API is called so that the respective source and sink is connected for playback. void connect(DBusConnection *conn, DBusMessage *msg) in PluginCommandInterface Problem Statement: 1. When Media Manager is trying to call registerSource(), it is getting failed with an error as registration failed. 2. After further debugging, we understood that a database is maintained for registered source and sink and registerSource() API is validating against the database and is failed to register. Can you please help me correct my understanding and how to successfully register Media Manager as a source and PulseAudio(speaker) as a sink and play a music? Thanks & Regards Nehal Revankar =====-----=====-----===== Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments. Thank you _______________________________________________ genivi-audio-manager mailing list genivi-audio-manager@lists.genivi.org https://lists.genivi.org/mailman/listinfo/genivi-audio-manager
GH
grant.hsu@cidana.com
Fri, Sep 28, 2018 9:34 AM

Good Morning,

Please find attached.

Good Morning, Please find attached. From: jlorenz@de.adit-jv.com Sent: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 06:47:34 +0000 To: genivi-audio-manager@lists.genivi.org, nehal.revankar@tcs.com Subject: Re: [audio-manager] Source and Sink Registration to Audio Manager   Dear Nehal, as you stated you try to register the source Media Manager but it is failed... 1. What is the error message the Control Interface receives? 2. Did you checked the log messages from Daemon database once you try to register the source? I assume that you try to register a Source with a domain ID or a class ID  something else which might be not known by the database. At this point of time. Best regards Jens Lorenz Engineering System & Architecture (ADITG/ESA) Tel. +49 5121 49 6927 -----Original Message----- From: genivi-audio-manager  On Behalf Of Nehal Revankar Sent: Dienstag, 14. August 2018 13:48 To: genivi-audio-manager@lists.genivi.org Subject: [audio-manager] Source and Sink Registration to Audio Manager Hi, I am trying to register an app to Audio Manager as a source. I have below queries and I need help whether my understanding is correct or no. Understanding: To register an app(like Media Manager) to Audio Manager: 1. Media Manager should call registerSource() API during initialization. am_Error_e registerSource(const am_Source_s& sourceData, am_sourceID_t& sourceID) in PluginRoutingInterface 2. When Media Manager is about to play music, connect() API is called so that the respective source and sink is connected for playback. void connect(DBusConnection *conn, DBusMessage *msg) in PluginCommandInterface Problem Statement: 1. When Media Manager is trying to call registerSource(), it is getting failed with an error as registration failed. 2. After further debugging, we understood that a database is maintained for registered source and sink and registerSource() API is validating against the database and is failed to register. Can you please help me correct my understanding and how to successfully register Media Manager as a source and PulseAudio(speaker) as a sink and play a music? Thanks & Regards Nehal Revankar =====-----=====-----===== Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments. Thank you _______________________________________________ genivi-audio-manager mailing list genivi-audio-manager@lists.genivi.org https://lists.genivi.org/mailman/listinfo/genivi-audio-manager _______________________________________________ genivi-audio-manager mailing list genivi-audio-manager@lists.genivi.org https://lists.genivi.org/mailman/listinfo/genivi-audio-manager