Re: [Genivi-ipc] Fwd: GENIVI testing strategy for generators [2225936:2676440]

GA
Gunnar Andersson
Sun, Jun 18, 2017 5:28 PM

Hello Francisco,

I looked through the archives and it seems you never received a response to
this question forwarded by the helpdesk.

On Mon, 2017-05-22 at 19:12 +0000, Steve Crumb wrote:

Forwarding to list.

Steve

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

-----Original Message-----
From: "Cortes, Francisco" francisco.cortes@here.com
Sent: 5/22/2017 2:19 AM
To: "help@genivi.org" help@genivi.org
Subject: GENIVI testing strategy for generators

Hello,

I am Francisco, my company HERE is Core Member of the Genivi Alliance.

Hello, great to hear something from HERE.

I have a question on the Genivi code and maybe you could point it to some
Franca expert.

There's actually a dedicated list for this.  The helpdesk chose to forward
to the general genivi-projects list but a more targeted one is:
genivi-ipc@lists.genivi.org [1]

Franca IDL itself is now a project outside of GENIVI so you could try to
reference the Franca project mailing lists directly if you need support on
the language only. [2]

I am currently checking possibilities to test my generators.

Are you writing your own code generator?

My question would be regarding the testing approach in GENIVI. Is there
any code that I can check in order to understand the generators testing
process?

Well for example, any unit-testing code for the GENIVI hosted code
generators would typically be stored in the git repositories of the
generators themselves.  Those code generators are used in production
projects and are well tested (the folks on genivi-ipc can probably tell you
more).  Which generators were you talking about specifically?

I want to apply framework on my generation so that compilable and valid
code is generated out of the fidl/fdepl files.

The code you get out of applying existing code generators  (such as Common
API C++ generator) on your own FIDL files, should be compilable, of course.
If you are even failing to compile, please provide information examples and
someone might be able to help.  That the produced code is "valid" is also of
course assumed...

I think you need to specify a bit clearer what you are attempting to do,
what you have tried, the expected results, and your actual results.

Thanks

  • Gunnar

[2] https://github.com/franca/franca (README)

Thanks in advance.

Br,
Francisco

genivi-projects mailing list
genivi-projects@lists.genivi.org

Hello Francisco, I looked through the archives and it seems you never received a response to this question forwarded by the helpdesk. On Mon, 2017-05-22 at 19:12 +0000, Steve Crumb wrote: > Forwarding to list. > > Steve > > Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device > > -----Original Message----- > From: "Cortes, Francisco" <francisco.cortes@here.com> > Sent: 5/22/2017 2:19 AM > To: "help@genivi.org" <help@genivi.org> > Subject: GENIVI testing strategy for generators > > Hello,  > > I am Francisco, my company HERE is Core Member of the Genivi Alliance.  Hello, great to hear something from HERE. > > I have a question on the Genivi code and maybe you could point it to some > Franca expert. There's actually a dedicated list for this. The helpdesk chose to forward to the general genivi-projects list but a more targeted one is: genivi-ipc@lists.genivi.org [1] Franca IDL itself is now a project outside of GENIVI so you could try to reference the Franca project mailing lists directly if you need support on the language only. [2] > > I am currently checking possibilities to test my generators. Are you writing your own code generator? > My question would be regarding the testing approach in GENIVI. Is there > any code that I can check in order to understand the generators testing > process? Well for example, any unit-testing code for the GENIVI hosted code generators would typically be stored in the git repositories of the generators themselves.  Those code generators are used in production projects and are well tested (the folks on genivi-ipc can probably tell you more). Which generators were you talking about specifically? > I want to apply framework on my generation so that compilable and valid > code is generated out of the fidl/fdepl files. The code you get out of applying existing code generators  (such as Common API C++ generator) on your own FIDL files, should be compilable, of course. If you are even failing to compile, please provide information examples and someone might be able to help. That the produced code is "valid" is also of course assumed... I think you need to specify a bit clearer what you are attempting to do, what you have tried, the expected results, and your actual results. Thanks - Gunnar [1] http://lists.genivi.org/mailman/listinfo/genivi-ipc [2] https://github.com/franca/franca (README) > > Thanks in advance. > > Br,  > Francisco > _______________________________________________ > genivi-projects mailing list > genivi-projects@lists.genivi.org > http://lists.genivi.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/genivi-projects