aarch64 NVIDIA Jetson TX2 support?

Stephen Lawrence stephen.lawrence at renesas.com
Thu Jan 3 10:36:18 EST 2019

Hi,

If you have a Yocto BSP I wouldn’t expect major issues. Certainly worth a try. GDP as currently implemented does not have a lot of h/w specific dependencies. It’s more about things like YP and Weston version alignment.

Some time ago there were implementations of the Genivi Yocto Baseline (the “headless” lower level middleware) that the Baserock community maintained and I recall they supported a Jetson platform. You may be thinking of that. Baserock is a different build/recipe system to Yocto of course. They stopped maintaining a Baserock Baseline several releases ago.

At 50,000 view GDP adds a Qt HMI, various apps and a SDK to the Baseline.

I’m not aware of a public release of GDP for Baserock, but my memory may be faulty. Certainly a Yocto based GDP has always been available, it started on Yocto, and all the last several releases have only been on Yocto. You could of course convert to a different build system if you wished to put the effort in. You can also build GDP in Yocto and then use other tools including the SDK to develop apps for it.

I’m also not aware of a GDP for Jetson at least in public source form, but again my memory may be faulty and my focus is on the Renesas platforms ☺. It may exist privately or publicly somewhere as a fork. Someone else may weigh in or contact you off list. There is no prohibition against Jetson of course. It’s just no one is contributing support for it to the project.

You mentioned ECUs and Networking. The Baseline and GDP come from Genivi’s initial focus on Linux based IVI. Last year the board widened that scope to include projects related to interaction between different vehicle domains. You can find more info here [3]. Included in that is one project evaluating Generic Comms Protocols. At CES Genivi will be demonstrating recent work on translation between Adaptive Autosar ara::com and Franca IDL. There is also work going on based in the W3C Automotive group on Vehicle Signaling standards. You are maybe already aware, but I just wanted to mention those. GDP is not the only way of collaborating on ECUs and networking in Genivi. Gunnar Andersson as Genivi Dev Lead and Philippe Robin as PMO Lead can help direct on those if you need. Both will be at CES.

[3] https://at.projects.genivi.org/wiki/display/DIRO/Domain+Interaction+Projects

Regards

Steve