aarch64 NVIDIA Jetson TX2 support?

David Evans David.Evans at idiada.com
Thu Jan 3 09:40:28 EST 2019

Thanks for your response, Stephen.

I will look into this further and see if it's something we can get
building here. I understand there was an early version running on the
Jetson TK1 but hardly any information on systems after that.

We've made an interesting prototyping ECU with a lot of different
vehicle network technologies for prototyping and I am very keen to bring
a sort of "front-end" to it.

Kind regards,

David.
>>> Stephen Lawrence <stephen.lawrence at renesas.com> 03/01/2019 14:19

Hi David,

GDP fully supports aarch64. See the README.md [1] for more details and
information links, but the branch policy is not per architecture. Master
is the working branch, with 14.0.x-rocko and 14.1.x-sumo being stable
branches for GDP aligned to the Genivi 14 specification based on Yocto
Project 2.4 (Rocko) and Yocto Project 2.5 (Sumo). GDP Master branch will
move to YP 2.6 (Thud) in the coming weeks post CES.

Each of those branches officially supports qemu-x86 and various h/w
targets including some aarch64 based ones so it is known to work. The
h/w target support is based on contribution. One of the aarch64 targets,
such as Renesas R-Car or Pi3, would be a starting point to adopt to your
own Yocto BSP.

GDP is built on top of some lower level middleware called the Genivi
Yocto Baseline which is defined by the meta-ivi layer [2]. It also
officially supports aarch64 via the qemuarm64 target and is verified on
various aarch64 h/w targets. It’s master branch is currently aligned to
the Genivi 14 specification based on Yocto Project 2.6 (Thud). For YP
2.4 or 2.5 see the 14.x branches.

btw part of the GDP team is currently away at CES so list responses may
be a little slower than usual.

[1] https://github.com/GENIVI/genivi-dev-platform
( https://github.com/GENIVI/genivi-dev-platform)
[2] https://github.com/GENIVI/meta-ivi