aarch64 NVIDIA Jetson TX2 support?

Stephen Lawrence stephen.lawrence at renesas.com
Thu Jan 3 09:19:00 EST 2019

Hi David,

GDP fully supports aarch64. See the README.md [1] for more details and information links, but the branch policy is not per architecture. Master is the working branch, with 14.0.x-rocko and 14.1.x-sumo being stable branches for GDP aligned to the Genivi 14 specification based on Yocto Project 2.4 (Rocko) and Yocto Project 2.5 (Sumo). GDP Master branch will move to YP 2.6 (Thud) in the coming weeks post CES.

Each of those branches officially supports qemu-x86 and various h/w targets including some aarch64 based ones so it is known to work. The h/w target support is based on contribution. One of the aarch64 targets, such as Renesas R-Car or Pi3, would be a starting point to adopt to your own Yocto BSP.

GDP is built on top of some lower level middleware called the Genivi Yocto Baseline which is defined by the meta-ivi layer [2]. It also officially supports aarch64 via the qemuarm64 target and is verified on various aarch64 h/w targets. It's master branch is currently aligned to the Genivi 14 specification based on Yocto Project 2.6 (Thud). For YP 2.4 or 2.5 see the 14.x branches.

btw part of the GDP team is currently away at CES so list responses may be a little slower than usual.

[1] https://github.com/GENIVI/genivi-dev-platform
[2] https://github.com/GENIVI/meta-ivi

Regards

Steve