Graphics Sharing and Distributed HMI (GSHA)

Stephen Lawrence stephen.lawrence at renesas.com
Thu Nov 22 09:57:11 EST 2018

Hi,

Sorry about my dropping in and out of the call this morning. Hopefully
you were all not getting interrupted by a lot of 'pings' as I joined again.
My broadband at home has been flaky a couple of days this week.
I've had the line tested and it passed so hopefully it will be ok next week.

You can find the current state of my Display Sharing Tech Brief here:
https://at.projects.genivi.org/wiki/display/DIRO/%5BGSHA%5D+Display+Sharing+Tech+Brief+Work

It's not complete but largely there so feel free to add your comments
in the wiki or via email. Currently its at the "get it mostly down then revise" stage.

The open questions at the end are just a scratch pad of Qs I added as I went
both to myself and to raise in the call/review of things to consider.

The Related technology section I added as a list of things that might be
touched upon to draw out the similarity or connection to closely
related things like virtual display and surface sharing. Even if short sentences
were used there might not be the space to explain though, so it might just stay
as a list or be deleted. That's open for debate.

It feels a little sparse but I was wary about getting too deep in the description
and busting through the 2 page recommended length.

There is some repetition in the virtualisation and example section that
follows it. Largely as the virtualisation section was written first then the
example revisits the same themes. When I take another crack at it I
will see if some of that repetition can be removed.

After today I am out Friday and Monday.

Cheers

Steve