[GSHA] Minutes for GSHA meeting 2018-11-15

Gunnar Andersson gandersson at genivi.org
Thu Nov 15 11:13:33 EST 2018

Hello Graphics Lovers!

The minutes from today's Graphics Sharing & Distributed HMI meeting have
been posted in the usual location [1].

A few apologies and a few more absent, but we still welcomed a NEW
participant to the team, and we were able to sync up on the plan
for the next two tech briefs with the two champions Eugen and Stephen.

As I mentioned in the agenda introduction, we could also feast our eyes on
a finished (release candidate...) for the API Remoting tech brief, finally!

Then, the Whitepaper writing has finally been kicked off.  There is now a
template (see attachments [2]) and the text should be drafted directly on
the working page at [2].

I understand, you are all eager to go beyond and look at more interesting
future aspects of graphics (including more Hypervisor Project
collaborations), but to get there let's just get these planned publications
out the door first!

To make the WP progress, it has become clear to me that we need everyone in
the team to step up and provide a contribution - say a paragraph or two on a
subject you know!  The scope we were talking about today is quite big
indeed:

The fundamentals of the whitepaper are easy to insert first -- it is all the
results we already have achieved and have mostly documented in the Wiki -
the methods, and their trade-offs generally speaking.  But then comes the
description of quirks in the realization, what is still unclear and needs
more investigation, maybe some findings from implementation experience
(case-studies).  Finally (as proposed today) to have a chapter with a few
chosen Use-cases and how those could be realized, and why a particular
choice is recommended.

I hope to see those that were missing today for our discussion next week.

All the best,

- Gunnar

[1] https://at.projects.genivi.org/wiki/x/MIb0
[2] https://at.projects.genivi.org/wiki/display/DIRO/GSHA+White+Paper