Problem with chromium-wayland-53.0.2785.143-r0 do_compile() !! HELP !!

Mirza Krak mirza.krak at endian.se
Tue May 15 04:43:34 EDT 2018

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 10:34 AM, Imane FIHRI FASSI <ifihrifassi at sii.fr> wrote:
> Hi, I actually was running "bitbake -v chromium-wayland" in the screenshot
> i've joined when i got the error, and indeed i was working in parallel on
> the SDE under virtualbox to which i allocated 1GB of RAM and a dynamic
> memory use. I guess i'll increase the swap memory, delete the machine under
> virtualbox and turn it off, then rerun "bitbake -v chromium-wayland". I'll
> keep you informed.

Please keep the mailing-list on CC.

I would not recommend you to increase swap, what you want is to make
sure it never reaches swap. If you have 16 GB RAM that should be
enough to link chromium, you need to make sure that sure that you have
enough free memory of the 16 GB. You probably need 10 GB free memory
to be on the safe side to not reach swap.

Swap will slow it down significantly and the linking alone will take hours.

--
Med Vänliga Hälsningar / Best Regards

Mirza Krak
Senior Embedded Engineer