Problem with chromium-wayland-53.0.2785.143-r0 do_compile() !! HELP !!

Gunnar Andersson gandersson at genivi.org
Tue May 15 03:53:17 EDT 2018

On Tue, 2018-05-15 at 09:33 +0200, Imane FIHRI FASSI wrote:
> Hi, I use a dell core i5 - 64 bits of 488GB of memory and 16GB of RAM,
> with ubuntu 16.04 installed, i'm connected to internet with a modem to
> avoid firewalls. I have 219 GB of free memory. I've waited well and
> arrived at 146570 s;

40 hours.  Yeah, that's enough waiting :)

>  Chromium has just stopped with an ERROR "Chromium Link Failed !" ! you
> will find attached a screenshot of the error and the log file. Do you have
> any idea on that issue ??

Overall I've never seen that error and there is very little to go on.  (Did
you read the log file that bitbake suggests  -- does it include anything
more useful or just the same?)

The only thing I can say is that "out of memory" seems to me like quite a
likely problem for Chromium compilation and when things just stop like that
with no clear reason?

Are you building standard master branch, by the way?

Also just checking the obvious here - I assume your system has an active
swap partition also, so that it's not firmly limited to 16GB, right?

Gunnar Andersson <gandersson at genivi.org>
Development Lead
GENIVI Alliance