SDE GDP 13 RPI 3 - Programming GUI features

Gunnar Andersson gandersson at genivi.org
Mon May 14 06:35:22 EDT 2018

Sorry for top post - bad mail client...

The content of the SDE is the Yocto SDK that matches the GDP version + IDE and other tools. There is no other source code preloaded in the VM. All source is on GitHub.com/GENIVI so you can git clone what you need.

If you mean to develop a graphical program then typically you develop it in Qt Creator and deploy it on a device that runs the corresponding version of GDP. Develop it first and try it... You can probably just launch it on top of the GUI, speaking directly to the compositor. Once that is working on its own you can take the steps to insert it as an “app” in the GUI by putting the build recipe into the Yocto build, etc.

(By the way Note the SDE is supporting a host SDK, it is not designed to do the actual Yocto build of the platform.)

Best Regards,
- Gunnar