[Genivi-ipc] Guide to build Common API deprecated version (2.1.4)

Suraj Kottayi suraj.kottayi at tcs.com
Fri May 11 03:29:01 EDT 2018

Hi Foster,

	I have tried to update the common api to the latest version (3.1.10). However the common-api generation through .fidl files (Franca IDL) are producing codes which are dependent on commonapi-core 2.1.4. For instance MediaTypes.hpp ,a file generated from MediaTypes.fidl is looking for files like CommonPI/InputStream.h ,CommonAPI/types.h which are not available in common-api-core v3.1.10.
As per my understanding .fidl files of media manager which we checked out from Genivi website is also outdated. Could you please help us make modifications in .fidl files to generate the updated common-api wrapper. Also I would appreciate if you can guide us in making the corresponding changes in the common-api part of media manager.

With Best Regards
Suraj Kottayi
Systems Engineer
Tata Consultancy Services ,