[GSHA] Display Sharing Tech Brief text review

Stephen Lawrence stephen.lawrence at renesas.com
Tue Dec 18 13:04:40 EST 2018

Hi,

Thanks to Harsha, Violin, Gunnar and Ozgur who provided feedback on the draft text for my Display Sharing Tech Brief [1].
There is still time if you were considering adding your own.

[1] https://at.projects.genivi.org/wiki/display/DIRO/%5BGSHA%5D+Display+Sharing+Tech+Brief+Work

I've replied to the comments in the wiki page. Rather than update the text immediately I decided to wait to see what comes out
of the call tomorrow. There was some good input and I had some similar thoughts writing it. Some would require some new paragraphs
which would mean losing existing text to fit into the suggested two pages.

So I'm pondering describing h/w composition layers in more detail - a challenge in a h/w agnostic way - vs articulating some advantages
of the approach in the case study. Violin brought up some Qs from the dev perspective. Good input, but with its own challenges of
describing it in an agnostic way and in the space required. Sure I could just shrug and add a third, or fourth page but that would change
how this reads compared to the others, so I wonder what if any of those might go to the white paper and in what detail.

Regards

Steve