Franca 13 is available

Klaus Birken kbirken at itemis.de
Fri Apr 13 10:42:50 EDT 2018

Hi all,

it is Friday the 13th, and we released Franca 13! There are lots of new features, esp. extensible deployment models and a JS code generator for client-side WAMP/Autobahn applications which talk to CommonAPI C++ servers. I will present this solution in my talk „Franca for the Web“ at 2pm on April 19th at the GENIVI AMM in Munich.

Franca 0.13.0 can be downloaded from Google Drive <https://drive.google.com/open?id=1I_RBykPTY4DSyKxSv4I_GIfB7BklZlkW> and from the P2 repository http://franca.github.io/franca/update_site/releases <http://franca.github.io/franca/update_site/releases>. See below a list of new features in 0.13.0, please refer to the corresponding issues in the Franca issue tracker for details.

Regards,
Klaus

New with version 0.13.0 (clickable version on github <https://github.com/franca/franca/milestone/9?closed=1>):
- * IDL: Add validation checks for states of interface contracts (issue 254)
- IDL: Improved IDL formatter (issues 241 and 252)
- IDL: Revisited noRead flag for attributes (issue 237)
- IDL: Show structured comments inside the hover (issue 236)
- Deployment: Introduce (optional) package concept (issue 247)
- * Deployment: Extract provider/instance deployment as separate feature (issue 250)
- Deployment: Allow building extensions for deployment models (issue 242)
- Tools: JS code generator supports Autobahn-bindings on client-side now (issue 253)
- Develop: Use Xtext generator from Xtext 2.9 for IDL and deployment (issues 243 and 244)
(Some changes in 0.13.0 might require updates of Franca model files, marked with an asterisk.)

--
Dr. Klaus Birken, itemis AG

Twitter: @kbirken
Mail:      klaus.birken at itemis.de
Web:     www.itemis.de

Rechtlicher Hinweis:
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Dortmund HRB 20621 | Sitz der Gesellschaft: Lünen
Vorstand: Jens Wagener (Vorsitzender) | Wolfgang Neuhaus
Aufsichtsrat: Prof. Dr. Burkhard Igel (Vors.) | Michael Neuhaus | Jennifer Fiorentino