[TOOLS] Franca+ breakout meeting and other topics

Manfred.Bathelt at bmw.de Manfred.Bathelt at bmw.de
Tue Nov 14 12:27:11 EST 2017

Hi,

please fill out the doodle https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de/g6qdf449/ , also for next week.

Best regards

Manfred

From: genivi-projects [mailto:genivi-projects-bounces at lists.genivi.org] On Behalf Of Foster, Jeremiah
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2017 11:43 PM
To: genivi-projects at lists.genivi.org
Subject: [TOOLS] Franca+ breakout meeting and other topics

Hello,

The recent Tools Team meeting happened today. Here are the minutes: https://at.projects.genivi.org/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=16024637

I'd like to also mention a couple items from the minutes that I feel should be brought to everyone's attention;

1. Klaus Birken has been doing a great deal of work on the CommonAPI tooling for WAMP. WAMP is this case is the Web Application Messaging Protocol, there are other acronyms but this is the one we're using. Essentially WAMP helps to enable Pub / Sub and Remote Procedure Calls over web sockets. Having CommonAPI work with WAMP means that if you're already using CommonAPI you don't need to do much more than create a new interface with the new WAMP tooling to have your applications speak WAMP. This ought to greatly increase interoperability and will leverage your investment in legacy applications as the world moves towards HTML and QML for presentation. Follow Klaus' work here: https://github.com/GENIVI/capicxx-wamp-tools/projects/1

2. The Tools Team has had two, parallel meetings. One is the regular Tools Team meeting which coordinates various Tools projects and personnel, the other is the "Franca+ breakout" meeting which is designed for work on extending Franca with a component specification. If you want to join the first meeting, and you are more than welcome to, please find the invite here: https://lists.genivi.org/pipermail/genivi-projects/2017-November/005698.html

If you want to join the Franca+ breakout meeting, and I strongly encourage you to do so if you're at all interested in component specification and Franca, please help us find an appropriate time by filling out your preferences here: https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de/g6qdf449/
Please note that the participants in this meeting who have most consistently shown up are in the Central European Time Zone. Hopefully we can find a convenient time during working hours in that time zone.

Thank you!

Jeremiah

This e-mail and any attachment(s) are intended only for the recipient(s) named above and others who have been specifically authorized to receive them. They may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read this email or its attachment(s). Furthermore, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and then delete this e-mail and any attachment(s) or copies thereof from your system. Thank you.