vsomeip development

Foster, Jeremiah JFoster at luxoft.com
Thu Nov 9 13:24:32 EST 2017

Hi,

I think we've reached a point where current VSOMEIP development is
being held back by its development model. I see that there is interest
in the community to use and contribute to the code base but the
organization(s) responsible for new development in VSOMEIP seem to be
unresponsive to the community.

The two indications I see of this problem are in issues at GitHub[0]
and email to the mailing list[1]. In both cases users and patches have
been sent but they go unanswered.

If the plan is to continue to develop VSOMEIP internally without
community involvement, perhaps that message needs to be communicated to
the broader community so they can take this into account for their own
products. This may lead to wasted effort and to forks but VSOMEIP
developers and organizations have an obligation to the community if
they want to establish a community standard. That obligation requires
timely communication on roadmap and features at the very least.

Regards,

Jeremiah

0. https://github.com/GENIVI/vsomeip/issues
1. https://lists.genivi.org/pipermail/genivi-ipc/

This e-mail and any attachment(s) are intended only for the recipient(s) named above and others who have been specifically authorized to receive them. They may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read this email or its attachment(s). Furthermore, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and then delete this e-mail and any attachment(s) or copies thereof from your system. Thank you.