Usage of ivi_input interface

Jacobo Aragunde Pérez jaragunde at igalia.com
Wed Mar 29 05:52:53 EDT 2017

Hi,

I've been checking the Wayland API for the seat object [1],
unfortunately there is not a lot that can be done with it. I can use it
to build a "map" of the available seats and the input devices they
provide, but there is no way to limit input for surfaces to a certain seat.

More interestingly, the ivi-input interface provided by
wayland-ivi-extensions [2] can do that assignment between surfaces and
seats. I haven't found a way to register to the input_acceptance event
specified by this interface, though, and that's exactly what I need.

Has any of you used it before? Do you have examples or any code pointers?

Thanks in advance!

[1] https://wayland.freedesktop.org/docs/html/apa.html#protocol-spec-wl_seat
[2]
https://github.com/GENIVI/wayland-ivi-extension/blob/master/protocol/ivi-input.xml