GSOC-17

Zeeshan Ali zeeshan.ali at pelagicore.com
Mon Mar 20 06:31:55 EDT 2017

Hi Canberk,

On 19 March 2017 at 23:50, Canberk Koç <canberkkoc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello ,
>
> I am Canberk from Turkey and i am studying Computer Engineering at Çanakkale 18 Mart University.
> Last year i participate to Gsoc and succesfully finished the program, this year i saw Genivi at organization list.

That's really awesome that you already have successful experience of
GSoC already, that should give you a big advantage.

> So what should i do to get acceptance for GSOC 17 at project.

Well, I'd like you to start with familiarizing yourself with GDP
first: https://at.projects.genivi.org/wiki/display/GDP/GDP+GSoC+ideas#GDPGSoCideas-Instructionsforinterestedstudents
. Once you're through with them, contact me and we can try to sort out
some small task for you. The only required next task really is for you
to apply for GDP GSoC but your proposal will look much better it has
links to your existing contributions, especially to GDP.

> I want to start early to learn and contribute to project. I am interested in Alternative HMI implementation and Incorporate Zebra into GDP for HTML5-based UIs ideas.

Cool. Although it's not necessarily an issue but FYI quite a few
students have shown interest in this idea. Just that you might have
some competition. :) So my suggestion would be to apply for 2
projects, not just 1.

Zeeshan Ali