[GDP] Agenda item: Qt QML issue

Stephen Lawrence stephen.lawrence at renesas.com
Tue Jan 31 14:58:34 EST 2017

Hi Zeeshan,

I would like to add an item to tomorrow's GDP meeting agenda to discuss upstream Qt QML issue # 54822 [1]

In summary QML can result in a null ptr dereference on AArch64 when VA pointer bits are 48. This was fixed in Qt 5.6.3 but GDP-11 currently uses 5.6.0. I'm currently carrying a workaround for GDP-10 for R-Car Gen 3 and currently integrating GDP-11. This would affect various ARM64 boards so I would like to discuss how this could be fixed in GDP so I can drop the workaround.

Looking upstream at meta-qt5 the krogoth and korogoth-next branches are both pointing at 5.6.2. So there is not currently a clear upgrade path. We could check their plans. An alternative would be carrying the fix.

[1] https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-54822

Regards

Steve