Update of poky to morty branch

Stephen Lawrence stephen.lawrence at renesas.com
Fri Jan 6 15:01:49 EST 2017

Hi Zeeshan,

As Changhyeok noted there is a connection between GDP and the Baselines.
The current GDP being built on the Yocto Baseline. GDP is supposed to support
experimental work so in theory could jump ahead but there are benefits
to keeping the connection.

The Yocto Baseline would move to a newer Poky/YP version with Genivi 12.
The process for that will occur over the coming months before the Spring AMM.
The respective release cycles mean that Poky-Next tends to be released after
the AMM so traditionally the decision has been made to use the current stable
Poky version. YP version is not part of Compliance but is discussed as part of the
component version discussion during the baseline dev process. You can find that
documented on the internal wiki. Proposed versions are documented in a baseline
roadmap for feedback before each point release in the cycle. There are two
pre-releases, 0.1 and 0.2, followed by a 1.0 just before the AMM.

Although not finalised yet, discussion in the BIT has suggested Morty as the likely
candidate and as Tolkien states below he has kindly put up an experimental branch
to help early integration for those who want it.

Regards

Steve
BIT Co-Lead
-----