Qt5 Serial Bus error on Ubuntu 16 and 17 versions

Kozar, Daniel daniel.kozar at mobica.com
Tue Aug 1 12:17:44 EDT 2017

Hi Pradeep.
Unfortunately, the Qt packages provided in the standard Ubuntu/Debian
repositories don't include Qt5SerialBus at all. The easiest solution is to
simply grab the whole Qt package from http://download.qt.io .

As to why you're unable to compile Qt5SerialBus yourself, it's because it
is meant to be compiled as a part of Qt itself and it requires its internal
("private") headers, which are not part of the library's interface and
therefore must not be shipped with any packages.

Kind regards,
Daniel