CommonAPI-SomeIP, externally connect to service

FIXED-TERM Kocsis Bence (AE/EEC4) fixed-term.Bence.Kocsis2 at hu.bosch.com
Wed Apr 19 07:26:03 EDT 2017

Dear Colleagues,

Thank you for the tips. It seems that there is some lexical order to the parser.

For example, this will generate a syntax error:

define org.genivi.commonapi.someip.deployment for interface commonapi.HelloWorld {

     SomeIpServiceID = 4660

method sayHello {
           SomeIpMethodID = 3300
     }

attribute Bob {
           SomeIpGetterID = 100
           SomeIpSetterID = 200
          SomeIpNotifierID = 33000
           SomeIpEventGroups = { 33002 }
      }
}

But the following will not.

define org.genivi.commonapi.someip.deployment for interface commonapi.HelloWorld {
     SomeIpServiceID = 4660

     attribute Bob {
           SomeIpGetterID = 100
           SomeIpSetterID = 200
        SomeIpNotifierID = 33000
           SomeIpEventGroups = { 33002 }
    }

method sayHello {
           SomeIpMethodID = 3300
     }
}

This was tested on the SOMEIP generator 3.1.11.0

With that solved, I managed to generate the code, and now the service is running on the Raspberry Pi 3, and I am able to see the SOME/IP packets. If I run the client application locally on the RPi, it can connect to the service too.

My current problem is that I need the client application on a remote device, but I had no success. In the virtualbox GDP I can capture the offered network packets with wireshark (so the routing is properly configured for the broadcast packets), but the client remains in a listen state.

My best guess is that the .json configuration file is not proper, so I would like to ask for your help, how this file should look like. It is not clear to me, for example, what IP should be set on the client side.

I attach my current file.

Thank you for your answer in advance.

Üdvözlettel / Best regards

Bence Kocsis