CommonAPI-SomeIP, adding event groups

FIXED-TERM Kocsis Bence (AE/EEC4) fixed-term.Bence.Kocsis2 at hu.bosch.com
Wed Apr 12 06:43:01 EDT 2017

Dear Colleagues,

Thank you for the compiling tip. I built everything, copied to the Raspberry Pi and everything runs.

I need to produce SomeIP-SD frames that include event groups, and I am having problems, even after I declare them on the vsomeip JSON configuration, as they do not show up on the packets.

My best guess is that the generated CommonAPI code needs to include the methods. Based on the examples I've found for instance in

https://github.com/GENIVI/capicxx-someip-tools/tree/master/CommonAPI-Examples/fidl

I added these lines to the .fdepl file, adding a method and attribute to an existing interface with Service ID:

    method sayHello {
        SomeIpMethodID = 1500
    }

    attribute sayHello {
        SomeIpNotifierID = 33002
                SomeIpEventGroups = { 33002 }
    }

But I get the following error when I try to generate the code:

Executing CommonAPI SomeIP Code Generation...

Using Franca Version 0.9.1.201412191134
Error: SomeIP validation: mismatched input 'attribute' expecting '}' in HelloWorld.fdepl line: 11
Error: SomeIP validation: mismatched input 'attribute' expecting '}' (file:/home/vagrant/generators/../x_project/HelloWorldProject/fidl/HelloWorld.fdepl line : 11)
/home/vagrant/generators/../x_project/HelloWorldProject/fidl/HelloWorld.fdepl contains validation errors !

So I would like to ask for your help, how should the .fidl and .fdepl files look like, in order to have generated code which can handle event groups.

Üdvözlettel / Best regards

Bence Kocsis
AE/EEC4