Fwd: GENIVI Development Platform on NXP

Gunnar Andersson gandersson at genivi.org
Fri Apr 7 07:09:29 EDT 2017

Hi all

Including the mailing list into this conversation (as agreed with
Claudiu).  Feel free to jump in, or just read it to stay informed.

I am aware of several member companies running GDP on NXP already (as
demonstrated in showcases over several years).

Would still want to see that all those adopters involve themselves in
supporting the integration on the actual master branch.  If you're adopting
the platform, you should provide changes to the base platform back into
master.  It's that simple.

I would also like to see (and I've pointed this out in shared forums)
somebody to jump in and better align how BSPs are set up in GDP vs.
AGL, so we can stop wasted effort on that front at least.  The Yocto setup
enables us to get quite far on that but more can be done.  I don't
personally have the time right now but it should be beneficial for many
companies to avoid any disparity.

Thanks,
- Gunnar