Possible Bug

Vy Duong vduong at ics.com
Wed Apr 5 09:27:09 EDT 2017

Hi Everyone,
I have encountered something that may be a bug. It seems that the systemd
is not consistently sending SIGTERM when the system reboots. I had tested
this theory out by having two programs, the one that Justin had sent in the
other email to test whether SIGTERM was being received and another one to
record a reboot occuring. The following is a print out of the runs:

TestingSystemd Program ran... - Tue Apr  4 15:19:47 2017

REBOOT CALLED Tue Apr  4 15:19:57 2017

TestingSystemd Program ran... - Tue Apr  4 15:20:56 2017

REBOOT CALLED Tue Apr  4 15:21:10 2017

SIGTERM! - Tue Apr  4 15:21:10 2017

TestingSystemd Program ran... - Tue Apr  4 15:23:20 2017

REBOOT CALLED Tue Apr  4 15:23:26 2017

TestingSystemd Program ran... - Tue Apr  4 15:24:31 2017

REBOOT CALLED Tue Apr  4 15:24:35 2017

SIGTERM! - Tue Apr  4 15:24:35 2017

The TestingSystemd printout is when I run the program that waits for a
SIGTERM and writes into the file. As you can see above, there are runs
which the SIGTERM is not sent to the program for termination.

This creates a problem for my app and also for the persistence client
library (PCL) because the PCL's NSM relies on that SIGTERM to do the final
write to the device.

Can you advise me on what to do?

Thank you in advance,
Vy
--
Vy Duong, Software Engineer, Integrated Computer Solutions.
ICS - Delivering World-Class Applications for Embedded & Mobile Devices