How to identify seats

Jacobo Aragunde Pérez jaragunde at igalia.com
Tue Apr 4 13:25:30 EDT 2017

Hi,

I was expecting to be able to use the wl_seat::name event, as defined in
the documentation [1], to get a string I could use to identify the seat.
Unfortunately, the callback I've added seems to never be reached. Has
this ever happened to you? Do you know in which situation should that
event callback be triggered?

I could fallback to use the numeric ids provided by the wl_registry to
identify seats, but in that case I would have trouble with the ILM API
which accepts only string seat identifiers.

[1] https://wayland.freedesktop.org/docs/html/apa.html#protocol-spec-wl_seat
[2]
https://at.projects.genivi.org/wiki/display/WIE/Wayland+IVI+Extension+Design+IVI+input

Best,