[GDP]

Jeremiah Foster jeremiah.foster at pelagicore.com
Thu Sep 29 08:33:28 EDT 2016

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 4:30 AM, Agustin Benito Bethencourt <
agustin.benito at codethink.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 28/09/16 23:22, Justin Noel wrote:
>
>> The code is a total replacement of gdp-hmi repo.  There was a rewrite
>> repo created some time ago called hmi-layout-gdp where some fancy QML
>> and graphics were added. The code I am committing is an extension of the
>> hmi-layout-gdp repo to actually run apps and swap surfaces. The vast
>> majority of hmi-layout-gdp code still exists. The branch that was
>> created is on hmi-layout-gdp so it makes sense. The gdp-hmi repo should
>> be deprecated.
>>

> We cannot deprecate code that we are still maintaining.

​Well some of that is going to be replaced, at least eventually. ​

> GDP maintenance policy states that we are maintaining a stable release
> until the previous one is out. So, based in our commitment, we will be
> maintaining the former HMI until GDP 11 is out.

I think Justin was just pointing out that his new HMI code is going to
replace and deprecate a specific git repo. This is mostly about which git
repos are going to be affected for development, not necessarily for what is
maintained in the stable image.

Cheers,

Jeremiah​