GDP 11 RC1 is out! The Open Source development platform for automotive is coming.

Agustin Benito Bethencourt agustin.benito at codethink.co.uk
Thu Sep 1 07:10:10 EDT 2016

Dear GDP friends,

the GDP Delivery Team is happy to announce the first release candidate
of the coming version of GENIVI Development Platform, GDP 11 RC1[1].
This new pre-release will be the first opportunity for our testers to
put their hands on GDP in some of the most popular development boards.

GDP 11 RC1[2] includes the latest updates from Yocto (2.1.1), meta-ivi
(M-0.2) and from other components shipped in GDP. At the same time, the
GDP delivery team has put effort in ensuring GDP works on some
development boards (Minnowboard MAX, RPi2 and 3) together with QEMU.
During the coming days we expect to add Renesas Porter, Silk and
Dragonboard 410c to this list.

GENIVI cannot ship a great GDP without your support. Others outside
GENIVI will help us testing GDP only if they see excitement and feedback
early during the release process from you/us. So I encourage you to
download[3] and run any of the images or build them from scratch[4] and
provide feedback through this mailing list or GDP's bug tracker[5].

GDP 11 RC1 is the last planned release candidate to be published. GDP11
is planned to be released during week 37/38.

Check the release announcement[1] for further information.

[1]
https://at.projects.genivi.org/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=11573071
[2] http://projects.genivi.org/gdp/gdp11
[3] http://projects.genivi.org/gdp/download