Slotted UDP repo created.

Feuer, Magnus mfeuer1 at jaguarlandrover.com
Sat Oct 22 14:16:42 EDT 2016

Colleagues,

Following a productive meeting at the AMM where we explored the
possibilities of distributing media over an in-vehicle LAN with guaranteed
latency and bandwidth, I created https://github.com/GENIVI/slotted_udp

The technical idea is to implement a simple TDMA slotting system on top of
multicast UDP, guaranteeing that there will be no collisions and that each
slot (channel) has O(1) latency and bandwidth regardless of network traffic
load.

Please note that this is just the bottom layer of a media distribution
stack; additional layers and services will be needed.

This is an exploratory project where we try to figure out if we can achieve
our goals using only software, or if we need to rely on hardware-dependent
solutions such as [Open]AVB.

We will continue to work a bit with the code while gathering additional
requirements and objectives. If the projects crashes and burns, I will
delete the repo.

Sincerely,

/Magnus F.
-------------------

*Head System Architect - Open Source Projects**Jaguar Land Rover*

*Email*: mfeuer1 at jaguarlandrover.com
*Mobile*: +1 949 294 7871

Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC
1419 NW 14th Ave, Portland, OR 97209
-------------------
Business Details:
Jaguar Land Rover Limited
Registered in England No: 1672070

This e-mail and any attachments contain confidential information for a
specific individual and purpose.  The information is private and privileged
and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, please e-mail us immediately.  We
apologise for any inconvenience caused but you are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying or distribution or the taking of any action in reliance
on the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.

This e-mail does not constitute an order for goods or services unless
accompanied by an official purchase order.