SOTA Client

Shaun Taheri shaun at advancedtelematic.com
Tue Oct 18 12:27:44 EDT 2016

Hi all,

Apologies for the delayed reply regarding the messages last week around the SOTA client and DBus, although I was off and am just catching up with the requests.

Admittedly the instructions for starting the client are not as clear as they should be (and will be updated), however the steps for using the SOTA Client with RVI and GENIVI SWM are as follows:

* Start the SOTA server and RVI by following the instructions here: https://github.com/advancedtelematic/rvi_sota_client#testing-on-genivi-development-platform-over-rvi <https://github.com/advancedtelematic/rvi_sota_client#testing-on-genivi-development-platform-over-rvi>. (the username and password for the UI are “genivi” and “genivirocks!” respectively).

* Start the SOTA client (passing “RUST_LOG=debug” to see debug output) with the desired config file. An example config has been attached, although you will need to update:
  - device.uuid to the device id created previously
  - 192.168.50.1 to the correct IP for core.server and rvi.client
  - 192.168.50.2 to the correct IP for the sota client

* From the software_loading_manager directory in the GENIVI SWM repository, run “python software_loading_manager.py” to start the SWM.

* Upload a package using the UI, then create a campaign which should trigger an “UpdateAvailable” Event in the client, which the DBus Gateway will pick up to initiate the download. (If you want the SOTA client to install the downloaded package, change “device.package_manager” in the config to “deb” or “rpm”.)

I’ve attached some log output as well to show the above flow in operation. Please let me know if anyone needs further assistance getting this running.

Many thanks,

Shaun