SOTA Client

Streif, Rudolf rstreif at jaguarlandrover.com
Fri Oct 7 23:24:17 EDT 2016

I need ATS to step up the plate now and assist with debugging the dbus
registration issue and fix any problems as this is blocking the demo at the
GENIVI AMM at this point.

I built the client locally with a Rust installation with rustup since none
of the other make targets seem to work: run, deb, rpm all fail with the
same error message "http: error: ConnectionError: ('Connection aborted.',
error(111, 'Connection refused'))".

After going through the rather convoluted setup of the SOTA client with
environment variables that are read by the run.sh script, then written into
a toml configuration file that by default is written to /etc, I finally got
the client working to the point where it receives an "update available"
message from the server. The next step would be for the software management
to initiate the download via dbus method. However, SOTA client dbus does
not work. Although the log file shows the message "DBus gateway started."
d-feet does not show the expected registration under org.genivi.SotaClient.

To validate that Rust dbus is actually working, I build and ran the
examples from https://github.com/diwic/dbus-rs. No problem there.
Eventually, the SOTA client does not use this library correctly or
something else is broken.

:rjs