Waltham: a generic Wayland-style IPC over network

Jeremiah Foster jeremiah.foster at pelagicore.com
Mon Nov 28 20:00:54 EST 2016

Hello Eugen,

Thanks very much for the information on Waltham. It looks to be relevant to
an IVI setting and to GENIVI and I think that there is interest in our
community to see how Waltham might fit alongside existing components.

With regard to the TODOs you've listed, I think that discussion of a
security model for connecting to ECUs might best be addressed in the
security team and in system architecture discussions. Finding someone from
the companies working on Waltham to explain the work and the plans and to
potentially engage the security and architecture teams might be an
effective way to get consensus on how to move forward. Plugins for various
encodings seems like a topic for GENIVI's active Network EG perhaps.

>From what I can see in our community, there seems to be interest in Waltham
and the feedback I've had is that GENIVI members look forward to hearing
more and getting a better, more concrete understanding of Waltham and how
it might be used.

Regards,

Jeremiah