Network Data Monitoring

Feuer, Magnus mfeuer1 at jaguarlandrover.com
Wed May 25 18:50:56 EDT 2016

Hmm.

RVI has full SMS support (3GPP 27.005) and integrates with pppd to manage
2G / 3G / LTE data links. We also have netlink integration to monitor when
data links (ppp0, wlan0, etc) become available or disappear.

What we do not have (yet) is data usage monitoring. This should be fairly
straight forward to build as a part of the data link interface where the
low-level protocol codec does the byte counting.

Ulf: Your opinion.

Rudi: Do you think you can put together a simple req spec so that we at
least know the main features we want to cover?

/Magnus F.

-------------------

*Head System Architect - Open Source Projects**Jaguar Land Rover*

*Email*: mfeuer1 at jaguarlandrover.com
*Mobile*: +1 949 294 7871

Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC
1419 NW 14th Ave, Portland, OR 97209
-------------------
Business Details:
Jaguar Land Rover Limited
Registered in England No: 1672070

This e-mail and any attachments contain confidential information for a
specific individual and purpose.  The information is private and privileged
and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, please e-mail us immediately.  We
apologise for any inconvenience caused but you are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying or distribution or the taking of any action in reliance
on the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.

This e-mail does not constitute an order for goods or services unless
accompanied by an official purchase order.