build instructions needed for GDP-9 on Renesas Porter

Tom Pollard tom.pollard at codethink.co.uk
Wed Mar 23 06:09:46 EDT 2016

Hi Roland, all.

On 22/03/16 15:49, Roland Krause wrote:
> Can someone please point me to the latest build instructions for GDP-9
> on Renesas Porter with Wayland 1.9?
> I tried to clobber this together but my ignorance of Yocto and the
> ingredients of the magic potion of subrepos involved here stopped me
> after step 1 :-)
>
> Thanks
> Roland

Stephen had provided his patch set to this list. As documented in JIRA
there are known issues with the Audiomanager Monitor[1] and personally
I've been having issues with infrequent hdmi monitor support[2].

As such for now, I've pushed Stephen's patchset to
'experimental/porter-ivi9'

http://git.projects.genivi.org/?p=genivi-demo-platform.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/experimental/porter-ivi9

With the fix provided for mesa this system will build (ensure you have
the latest clickthrough drivers from Renesas and extract them with the
provided scripts in meta-renesas) to support Weston 1.9.

I do encourage to try this build, and use the list & JIRA to report any
new findings / additions to existing known issues.

https://at.projects.genivi.org/jira/browse/GDP-64
https://at.projects.genivi.org/jira/browse/GDP-120

All the best,

Tom