In case you didn't read this already, FBI is telling us to ensure "... vehicle software is up-to-date"

Paul Sherwood paul.sherwood at codethink.co.uk
Tue Mar 22 19:04:50 EDT 2016

Walt,

On 2016-03-21 14:21, Walt Miner wrote:
> AGL is similar to the Android use case for Google, we will support
> releases but it is up the device manufacturer to determine whether or
> not to do anything about it and how to to deploy it.

As I understand it Android is designed for relatively short-term
usecases, and the risks associated with Android devices not being
updated are relatively small.

IIRC AGL has a stated aim to be the defacto Linux distro for
automotive, including safety-critical applications.

I fear a situation where AGL hasn't thought things through (leaving it
to the device manufacturer), and the device manufacturer hasn't thought
it through, believing that AGL is the defacto solution.

Many Android devices are simply not updated at all, and no-one dies.

br
Paul