GDP on Raspberry Pi 3

Agustin Benito Bethencourt agustin.benito at codethink.co.uk
Fri Mar 18 14:26:27 EDT 2016

Hi Leon,

On 18/03/16 18:10, Jeremiah Foster wrote:
> On Mar 18, 2016 5:52 PM, "Leon Anavi" <leon.anavi at konsulko.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was able to boot GENIVI Demo Platform on Raspberry Pi 3 using Linux
> kernel 4.1
>
> GENIVI achievment unlocked!
>
> (still for ARMv7). There are several remarks and known issues but at least
> Weston is running. If you want to join the porting efforts please have a
> look at the details in JIRA:
> https://at.projects.genivi.org/jira/browse/GDP-82

I have created a new ticket to track efforts on RPi3:
https://at.projects.genivi.org/jira/browse/GDP-128

Please Leon, add your comments there. I assigned you the ticket ;-)

I would like to remind all our GDP friends that for the current release,
the official target remains being RPi2. So those of you who are waiting
for the RPi port to use it at the 14th AMM and read this info about
RPi3.... don't panic, plans has not changed.

We obviously welcome the efforts in porting GDP-ivi9 to RPi3 because it
is expected that this board becomes a target in the near future. The
sooner we have a working port, the better.

Great to see your contributions, Leon, thank you. Did I mention before
that I love working in the open with Open Source?