Running GENIVI for the first time (on RPi3)

Assaf Harel assaf.harel at karambasecurity.com
Sun Jun 26 03:41:13 EDT 2016

Hi,

First of all, the fix works, and my wireless keyboard / mouse are now
connected and working well.

I still have 2 problems / questions:

1. Can you suggest how to show a meaningful demo of the GENIVI system in
action?
Browsing through the menus, I didn't see anything impressive, so I was
wondering if there are some hidden gems in there.
What I do see is:
- Applications starts an hello world app that doesn't work well
- Media player starts xeyes
- Audio manager starts a nice GUI by Windriver, but I couldn't figure out
how to play anything through it.
- Navigation navigates in a straight line through large scale polygons,
without any control of the keyboard and mouse
- Fuel suggestions doesn't work at all

2. How to connect the system through wifi?
connmand is indeed installed and running as a daemon, but connmanctl isn't
so I can't do trivial stuff like:

connmanctl enable wifi
connmanctl scan wifi

etc...
Any suggestions, or examples how do you connect to your GENIVI systems
would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Assaf

Assaf Harel - CTO & Co-Founder