1. Has anyone already prepared FOSS software selection process/criteria/guidelines/checklists? (Paul Sherwood)

Andersson, Gunnar gunnar.x.andersson at volvocars.com
Fri Jun 10 05:10:47 EDT 2016

> From: Jeremiah Foster [mailto:jeremiah.foster at pelagicore.com]
> Subject: Re: 1. Has anyone already prepared FOSS software selection process/criteria/guidelines/checklists? (Paul Sherwood)
>

> On Monday, June 6, 2016, Andersson, Gunnar <gunnar.x.andersson at volvocars.com> wrote:
> Hello Paul, Jeremiah
>
>> Sorry for the top post but did this go any further?
>
> Yes, I hav a few pages drawn up.
>
>> I think the list of criteria would be useful on a Wiki page.  I have a
>> reason to refer a link to such a page right now you see.   :-)
>
> :-) I'll try and post it on the public wiki for comment.

Thanks.  In the meantime I linked to your previous genivi-projects
mail in the archive, which included a PDF with a draft proposal.

The impetus is a review of the legacy content of the GENIVI platform
compliance spec, where some metrics on the health of software projects
we are using would be a useful thing to measure.  We’re not expecting to
redo a very deep analysis here however, hence the lightweight aspect.
We only need a quick evaluation to see if any corrective action is needed
on any particular area in the compliance specification.

You also have criteria defined for "launching" GENIVI software projects
since before, and if we can tie all of this together somehow it would be
good.

- Gunnar