AW: bug about PCL or NodeStateManager.

Huerner, Ingo Ingo_Huerner at mentor.com
Thu Jun 9 00:51:46 EDT 2016


Hi Frederico,

> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: Frederico Cadete [mailto:frederico at cadete.eu]
> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 8. Juni 2016 18:19
> An: Andersson, Gunnar; genivi-persistence at lists.genivi.org
> Cc: Huerner, Ingo; Joh, Yong-Il (Tolkien); genivi-projects at lists.genivi.org
> Betreff: Re: bug about PCL or NodeStateManager.
> 
> On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 4:44 PM Frederico Cadete <frederico at cadete.eu>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 1:21 PM, Frederico Cadete <frederico at cadete.eu>
> wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 12:43 PM, Andersson, Gunnar
> > > <gunnar.x.andersson at volvocars.com> wrote:
> > >> If something cannot be done automatically I think another common
> > >> way is to provide a flag given to ./configure or cmake instead of a
> > >> .cfg file right?  If a flag exists I think it would be a more
> > >> natural step for build script to use that then to modify config files.
> > >>
> > >> Does anyone else have a good proposal how to do this?
> > >> If anyone else with long experience in autoconf/automake can take a
> > >> look and suggest a patch, that would be great too.
> > >> (it's also about learning best practices for other components)
> > >
> > > This .cfg file is already being parsed by the autotools so it should
> > > be very easy to adapt.
> > > I am also interested in 64-bit/32-bit builds without much
> > > configuration so I can have a look.
> >
> > I give up, autotools wins the day!
> 
> After all I couldn't give up and I got something working. See attached patch
> file.
> 
> *In case* it is considered appropriate to reuse the default .cfg file for meta-
> ivi, applying the patch should make that file appropriate for lib64 builds.
> 
> I leave the discussion of whether it is appropriate or not to Tolkien and Ingo
> :)
Thanks for the patch, I will have a look at it.

Best Regards,
Ingo

> 
> Best regards,
> Frederico
> 
> >
> > The correct solution would be to have the .in file refer to the
> > "@libdir@" variable.
> > The problem is that when this variable is expanded by AC_CONFIG_FILES,
> > it will result in "${exec_prefix}/lib", which is not conformat to the
> > expected format of the .cfg file.
> >
> > I have tried setting up a recursive or two-pass substitution in the
> > autotools scripts, but it got very kludgy very fast. Given the
> > complexity in autotools it may really be that the simpler solution is
> > expecting the user (or the Yocto recipe) to edit the .cfg file.
> >
> > The thing that baffles me is that I don't find a solution to the root
> > problem in other projects. If anyone has experience with autotools and
> > can help, please give your input :)
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Frederico


More information about the genivi-projects mailing list