bug about PCL or NodeStateManager.

Andersson, Gunnar gunnar.x.andersson at volvocars.com
Wed Jun 8 06:43:58 EDT 2016

Hi Ingo

I said flexible but I more meant that it would automatically adjust to
the most common environments, like a 64 bit machine for example.
(I think /usr/lib64 is a standard lib location isn't it?)

> Adjust the content to match your environment and it works.

Yes but is it clean to use perl to modify this file in the build script, or
is there a way to make the build system simply support a 64 bit machine out
of the box?   If we are building for 64-bit architectures like Tolkien
suggests, then I think it would be good if the component supported
it.

Worst case, it's a git branch but even better if it can be kept on
one branch (that seems to be the popular way around here ;-)

If something cannot be done automatically I think another common
way is to provide a flag given to ./configure or cmake instead of a
.cfg file right?  If a flag exists I think it would be a more natural step
for build script to use that then to modify config files.

Does anyone else have a good proposal how to do this?
If anyone else with long experience in autoconf/automake
can take a look and suggest a patch, that would be great too.
(it's also about learning best practices for other components)