[GDP] Which version of the meta-genivi-demo layer for the Raspberry Pi?

amir.nathoo at yahoo.com amir.nathoo at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 25 14:56:17 EST 2016

Hi Jeremiah,
See my comments below:

    On Monday, January 25, 2016 11:32 AM, Jeremiah Foster <jeremiah.foster at pelagicore.com> wrote:

 Hi!
I've been using this page to create a Raspberry Pi 2 version of the GDP: http://wiki.projects.genivi.org/index.php/Hardware_Setup_and_Software_Installation/Rpi2
I've managed to complete most steps until the point where it wants to build the meta-genivi-demo layer. The instructions don't mention needing that layer (well, they mention adding it to conf/bblayers, but they don't speak of where you can get it, which version to use, nor do they include it in the magical shell script that runs and downloads lots of layers and sources.)
I wonder if anyone has a recommendation on which version of meta-genivi-demo to use for building on the pi?
[AN] I think these instructions are a bit out-dated. You can find the most up-to-date on my github https://github.com/amirna2/genivi-manifest
It uses repo to fetch all the layers with their correct versions. meta-genivi-demo was forked from the following revision: c05376f18cbc4f33f89fe35f28e4507685452031 It needed quite a few updates to build with the meta-ivi and the raspberry-pi. See here: https://github.com/amirna2/meta-genivi-demo
I will update the wiki as I go, I'll also transfer to the new Confluence the instructions. BTW, I've created a git repo for holding the scripts and patches that were once in a Google Drive: https://github.com/jeremiah/genivi-raspberry-pi2
I suggest you fork the following repos:https://github.com/amirna2/buildenv
https://github.com/amirna2/genivi-manifest
https://github.com/amirna2/meta-genivi-demo
Then update the repo manifest to point to your github: in default.xml<remote fetch="https://github.com/jeremiah" name="jeremiah" review="" />
<default remote="jeremiah" revision="master"/>

The follow the instructions here: https://github.com/amirna2/genivi-manifest/blob/master/README.md
That should allow you to build and run the entire stack.
Cheers,
Jeremiah

--
Jeremiah C. Foster