Updateding and building the latest code base.

Streif, Rudolf rstreif at jaguarlandrover.com
Fri Jan 15 12:31:12 EST 2016

Hi Art,

You said in an email to Amir that it worked and now you are saying it does
not work again? Did you reboot your system? Using sysctl to set any of the
parameters is only valid until the next reboot of the system. If you need
to make a setting permanent you need to add an entry to
/etc/sysctl.d/99-sysctl.conf or add a new .conf file to the directory
containing:

fs.inotify.max_user_watches=524288

:rjrs

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 9:10 AM, McGee, Art <amcgee7 at jaguarlandrover.com>
wrote:

> I still continue to have this error.
>
> amcgee7 at tizen-Precision-T5600:/media/amcgee7/Datapart/gdp/genivi-demo-platform/gdp-src-build$
> bitbake genivi-demo-platform
> ERROR: Command execution failed: Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File
> "/media/amcgee7/Datapart/gdp/genivi-demo-platform/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/command.py",
> line 99, in runAsyncCommand
>     self.cooker.updateCache()
>   File
> "/media/amcgee7/Datapart/gdp/genivi-demo-platform/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/cooker.py",
> line 1383, in updateCache
>     self.add_filewatch(self.data.getVar("__base_depends"),
> self.configwatcher)
>   File
> "/media/amcgee7/Datapart/gdp/genivi-demo-platform/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/cooker.py",
> line 211, in add_filewatch
>     watcher.add_watch(f, self.watchmask, quiet=False)
>   File
> "/media/amcgee7/Datapart/gdp/genivi-demo-platform/poky/bitbake/lib/pyinotify.py",
> line 1977, in add_watch
>     raise WatchManagerError(err, ret_)
> WatchManagerError: add_watch: cannot watch
> /media/amcgee7/Datapart/gdp/genivi-demo-platform/gdp-src-build/conf/bblayers.conf
> WD=-1, Errno=No space left on device (ENOSPC)

> and I don't believe my files system is encrypted.
>

> *Art McGee*
> Infotainment Engineer
>

> Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC
> 1419 NW 14th Ave, Portland, Oregon, 97209
> Jaguar.com <http://jaguar.com>  |  LandRover.com <http://landrover.com>
>

> On 9 January 2016 at 18:18, Streif, Rudolf <rstreif at jaguarlandrover.com>
> wrote:
>
>> This error is most commonly caused when the file system is encrypted.
>> Ubuntu, and other distros, offer file system encryption during
>> installation. It is typically a good idea but not for file systems used for
>> Yocto Project build environments.
>>
>> :rjs
>> On Jan 9, 2016 12:27, "Amir Nathoo via genivi-projects" <
>> genivi-projects at lists.genivi.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Art,
>>>
>>> It seems this issue in bitbake is being addressed, but not all the
>>> patches have been contributed yet; at least not in the version I am using.
>>> The BBCooker class, from what I understand is adding a watch for every
>>> single files in the BBPATH. So that needed to be optimized.
>>> I found 2 bug reports related to this issue: [1] is integrated already
>>> to Poky 1.8, but [2] isn't.
>>>
>>> I think bumping your watch count should do it. But depending on what
>>> version of Poky you are using, you may still have to reboot your machine if
>>> you reach that limit again.
>>>
>>> The community does not seem to be addressing the core of this issue,
>>> which is how to cleanup the watches once a build is completed. But I don't
>>> know any better :-)
>>>
>>> Amir.
>>>
>>> [1] http://patches.openembedded.org/patch/86831/
> [...]

*Rudolf J Streif*
System Architect - Open Source Initiative
Open Source Technology Centre

*M:* +1.619.631.5383
*Email:*  rstreif at jaguarlandrover.com

UK: G/26/2 G02 Building 523, Engineering Centre, Gaydon, Warwick, CV35 ORR
US: 1419 NW 14th Ave, Portland, OR 97209
jaguar.com | landrover.com
-------------------
Business Details:
Jaguar Land Rover Limited
Registered in England No: 1672070

This e-mail and any attachments contain confidential information for a
specific individual and purpose.  The information is private and privileged
and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, please e-mail us immediately.  We
apologise for any inconvenience caused but you are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying or distribution or the taking of any action in reliance
on the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.

This e-mail does not constitute an order for goods or services unless
accompanied by an official purchase order.