How does genivi deal with CAN protocol ?

Jeremiah Foster jeremiah.foster at pelagicore.com
Thu Jan 14 03:30:22 EST 2016

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 1:46 AM, skocharl <skocharl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Foster and Philippe for answering my question.
>

> I have one more question I am putting in various ways because I might not
> be clear enough
>
> Can I treat AMB as  a generic module on top of CAN ,so that it can pull
> vehicle data from any car like Nissan,Hyundai etc .?

That question is best asked to the maintainer of AMB. GENIVI's focus is on
In-Vehicle Infotainment and not a great deal of time is spent in the CAN
bus interface.

> If it is not
>
> Do vehicle manufacturers provide plugin which directly interacts with AMB?

That information needs to be gathered from vehicle manufacturers.

> How does genivi deal with CAN protocol as it is very specific with every
> car ?

Specific network configuration in individual vehicle models is not part of
GENIVI's mission, that is the responsibility of the car maker.

Regards,

Jeremiah