First GDP Call today: open

Agustin Benito Bethencourt agustin.benito at codethink.co.uk
Wed Jan 13 11:22:05 EST 2016

Hi Walt,

On 13/01/16 15:04, Walt Miner wrote:
> I am going to guess you will not get much participation from North America.

Meeting the expectations in terms of schedule from Japan/Korea,
Taiwan/China, India, Europe, US East Coast and US West coast in a single
time slot is not possible.

Nothing new to you here. :-)

The default alternative is to rotate the time of the meeting or to
repeat it at a different time.

Which one you recommend for this case?

I think that for weekly follow up/discussion meetings the best strategy
is the first one.

I am open to try either of them for the GDP call for some time to
encourage people in the American continent to participate. I would
suggest though to discuss this in a couple of weeks, once we settle the
new set up (the GDP call in the open is brand new).

Just for background, GDP reports has been traditionally being discussed
in an internal call at the same day/time that we are proposing today.

Collaborations and contributions are among our main goals for GDP. We
will adapt to the demand as much as we can. We are a global organization
for good..... and for bad.