[Go] EnhancedPositionService - Missing packages on agent

Andersson, Gunnar gunnar.x.andersson at volvocars.com
Wed Jan 13 10:41:20 EST 2016

Hi Marco

I CC genivi-projects since this answer could be useful info for others.

On Wed, 2016-01-13 at 13:42 +0000, Residori, Marco wrote:
> Hi Gunnar,
>
> Could you please install "libdbus-1-dev libdbus-c++-dev xsltproc gpsd
> libgps-dev" on your agent?
> This will allow me to build several configurations of the
> EnhancedPositionService.

OK, done.  I also added a resource requirement named "lbs" which guarantees
this job is scheduled only to that agent.  Resource needs are defined on a
Job level, like here:

http://go.genivi.org/go/admin/pipelines/GENIVI_Positioning/stages/defaultSta
ge/job/defaultJob/settings

and here you can see that one agent is now providing the resource "lbs"
http://go.genivi.org/go/agents

We can simplify the use of resources, maybe even make sure all agents are
identical and have all the prerequisites in the future, but this works for
now.

Also, you can consider if there is some important upstream project you
depend on (gpsd/libgps for example) and consider to build those from source
as part of the pipeline instead of requiring them to be installed on the
agent.

That principle gives continuous integration against those projects
so you can notice if something breaks.

Finally, I documented the needed packages here:
https://at.projects.genivi.org/wiki/display/TOOL/Go+Installation+Instruction