GDP - Upgrading to Weston & Wayland-ivi-extension 1.9.0

Frederico Cadete frederico.cadete at awtce.be
Wed Jan 13 04:19:42 EST 2016

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 06:42:23PM +0000, Pedro Alvarez wrote:
> On 11/01/16 16:41, Pedro Alvarez wrote:
> > Hello!
> >

> > I've been trying last week to upgrade Weston to 1.9.0 in our Baserock Baseline.
> > This was actually really easy to do, and I managed to do it in less than
> > a day (it just worked :)
> >
> > After that, I knew that genivi-demo-platform-hmi was going to be broken, and I
> > tried to make the relevant changes to make it work again, but so far I haven't
> > managed to. That's why I'm writing to the list, to see if anybody can help me here.
> >

> Turn's out these errors are happening for something else not related with the changes
> I made to genivi-demo-platform-hmi... I'll need to investigate why at some point :)
>
> I managed to deploy an image to a jetson with:
> - weston 1.9.0
> - wayland-ivi-extension 1.9.0
> - GDP-hmi: http://git.baserock.org/cgi-bin/cgit.cgi/delta/genivi/genivi-demo-platform-hmi.git/log/?h=baserock/pedroalvarez/update-new-wayland-ivi-exts
>
> And seems to work, but the launcher is not taking all the screen size, and the apps are
> not taking all the space available either :/

Hello Pedro,

>From the screenshot it looks like the hmi controller is not configuring the surface's
destination sizes.
Can you make sure that the controller is calling the surface_control function [1] for
each new surface, and verify the arguments of ilm_surfaceSetDestinationRectangle()?

When debugging wayland-ivi I also find it useful to inspect the ivi controller's scene
by calling "LayerManagerController get scene" from the command line.
Finally, for a view of all the wayland protocol communication done by the hmi controller,
you could add WAYLAND_DEBUG=1 to the environment of that process.

Best regards,
Frederico Cadete

[1] http://git.baserock.org/cgi-bin/cgit.cgi/delta/genivi/genivi-demo-platform-hmi.git/tree/src/gdp-hmi-controller.cpp?h=baserock/pedroalvarez/update-new-wayland-ivi-exts#n398