Presenting; GENIVI-GO, The *Project*. (You are invited)

Macario, Gianpaolo Gianpaolo_Macario at mentor.com
Tue Jan 12 05:51:10 EST 2016

Hi Gunnar,

[Macario, Gianpaolo] I confirm Mentor Graphics interest in supporting the GENIVI CI/CD initiative.

>From the technical standpoint I did some further investigations about the feasibility of hosting one Go agent inside Mentor Graphics lab infrastructure.

Unfortunately I got the confirmation of my initial findings during the SAT 2015 F2F-6, i.e. that our corporate firewall filters outgoing TCP port 8153 as this is considered a non-standard port.
Please see [1] for details.

[1] https://at.projects.genivi.org/wiki/x/goGw

I highlight this fact for the awareness of other companies who may plan to donate agents.

I am going to discuss with IT some alternative plans - i.e. renting a public cloud instance, or hosting the agent on a different network, but getting management approval on this might take longer than my original expectations.

> So, please review the attached slide deck for the rationale behind the Go
> system, and the community approach for computing machines that do the
> actual work that will be the basis for increasing quality of Automotive
> software!
>
> Thanks in advance for your support!
>
> - Gunnar
[Macario, Gianpaolo]
Cordiali Saluti / Best Regards

--
Gianpaolo Macario
Mentor Automotive - Senior Member Technical Staff
email: gianpaolo_macario at mentor.com
www.mentor.com/embedded-software