Persistence and the next release: GDP in Detail

Jeremiah Foster jeremiah.foster at pelagicore.com
Tue Aug 30 09:36:04 EDT 2016

CC'ing genivi-persistence as well.

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 9:01 AM, Agustin Benito Bethencourt <
agustin.benito at codethink.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have updated the links to the git server in the wiki page "GDP in
> Detail"[1] related with Persistence.
>
> I would like Persistence maintainers to review them and, if possible,
> highlight in that wiki page the content that a newbie would need to read in
> order to understand how this component work.

This would be very helpful I agree Agustin. I think a more detailed
description on how to build the software would be good to have in the wiki
page as well. I say this because as GENIVI gets newer members and
contributors, building and testing GENIVI software is a common question for
engineers new to our software. Persistence ships with a boilerplate text in
its "INSTALL" file, I think having a simpler, clearer set of instructions
on how to build persistence would allow a lot more people to build, and
potentially adopt the software.

Regards,

Jeremiah