Mailing list for Security (was: SV: [GENIVI security group] Security group assessment method discussion)

Stacy Janes stacy.janes at irdeto.com
Tue Aug 16 10:57:30 EDT 2016

Sorry, should not have used EG, as yes, it is a team instead of an Expert group.  I am fine with “team-sec” or “genivi-security” or similar.

Your comment about private vs public lists brings up a question.  The point of the output of the team will be to document vulnerabilities and suggested mitigations and/or security requirements in specific projects.   In commercial engagements, this information is obviously highly confidential for the product owner since they contain information on how to attack a system.  How public do we want the analysis portion and final product (security review document) of a particular project to be?

As you say, for responsible disclosure reasons, maybe we conduct review conversations in a private list and work with the respective EG on the distribution of the final release to the public list?

Stacy